About the NASA Postdoctoral Program (NPP)
Eligibility and Conditions of Award
- You must have completed the requirements for a Ph.D. or an equivalent doctorate degree before beginning the fellowship.
- You must have U.S. citizenship, Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status, Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with adjustment of status (AOS), or the Exchange Visitor J-1 Visa (research scholar only) before beginning the fellowship. An H-1B status is not acceptable because the NPP is not an employment program. You are eiigible to apply for the NPP while holding the F-1 status. However, if you are selected for an appointment, you must change your status to one iisted above.
- NPP Fellows are eligible for another award five years after the end of the previous appointment.
- Some NASA Centers may require a security or visitation clearance before you start your appointment. You will be notified in advance by the NPP Center Representative if a clearance is required.
- You cannot start your NPP appointment until all prior appointment requirements are met, including completing and returning required forms to ORAU. ORAU will not issue an advance stipend check, start stipend payments, or approve relocation travel until all requirements are met.